June 11, 2013

Salad Card To Go

As some of you may already know, I work at a movie theater. I’ve been at my building for 4 years but with Cinemark Company for a total of 9. Just like any job you work at for a long period of time, people tend to come and go. My favorite reasons for employees having to leave is when they are trying to better themselves, either new job, going to college, having children… Oh wait, that’s the reason I hope to use someday. However, no matter their reason, I try to make he/she a special going away card that reflects their new journey or based on the things they like.

Currently, another bird flew the coup. Stacey had been employed at the theater since it opened. Stacey loves to eat healthy and 99% of the time brought a salad to eat at work. For a while, she even sold organic salads to the staff. Stacey knew my ritual of making special cards and she even told a manager she had a feeling she was going to get a salad card. And, that’s exactly what she received – Stacey’s 100% Organic Salad To Go card.

I cut out shredded cheese, cut tomatoes, slice mushrooms, lettuce, and even anchovies (one day the trashcan closest to the break room smelled like anchovies for a day) out of construction paper. I had the employees’ write their farewell wishes on them and got them laminated. I cut the laminated salad ingredients out and put them in a clear protective bag. Like the ones used when you purchase a fancy card. The salad label I created said, “Stacey’s 100% Organic Salad” and the tail of the letter y was used as a road for 4 salad pieces to run on, with the last runner saying, “To Go!” I drew the label on sticker paper.

Stacey really liked her card because salads are a part of who she is. 100% organic salads to be exact and that’s one of the qualities we will always remember her for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...