I made these Bloody Valentine invitations for my book club meeting next month. I got the month of February to choose a book and I chose Outside Valentine by Liza Ward.
How to make Bloody Valentine Invitations
thick junk mail flyer or any cardstock paper
1. Get a thick junk mail flyer or cardstock paper, fold it in half, and cut out a heart.
2. Now, you have a heart template; use it to trace your hearts onto red paper. Cut out your hearts.
3. Use alphabet rubber stamps to stamp on your message onto your hearts. Let the ink dry.
4. I suggest wearing an old t-shirt or an apron for this next step. Place your heart over a few plastic bags so you don’t get paint on your table. Wet your paintbrush then dip it into red paint. Use your finger to flick the hairs on the brush upward towards your heart invitation; this will cause the paint to splatter onto the invitation, giving it a spattered blood look to it.
5. Let the paint dry.
6. Add your meeting or party information on the back then add more splattered blood on it, if you like.
You can also use the splattered blood method on Halloween invitations too.