July 17, 2011

Cross Stitch Addiction


I just completed my first cross-stitch project! It’s an initial brooch/charm with my initial, L, which I’ve decided to use as a necklace. I purchased the kit on Etsy from Classy Stitches; it is a Creative Circle kit from the 1980’s. The Creative Circle use to be like the Tupperware parties of today, except for buying containers people bought Creative Circle kits and learned how to cross-stitch. How cool is that! Unfortunately, The Creative Circle is no longer in business, but if you would like to read more about them click here.

My kit came with a graph of the entire alphabet for any initial and I also have lots of embroidery floss left over if I want to make another one. I’ll just have to buy another frame. The directions were very easy to follow too. Now, that I’m addicted to cross stitching I need to purchase mild detergent when washing the cloth because it looks like when I washed mine it bleed slighting onto the background.

I can’t wait to start on my next cross-stitch project. I actually want to start a cross-stitch club among the craft blog community. Let me know if you are interested. I will be creating a button for it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...