August 6, 2013

Welcome to Olvera Street

Pam, my best friend from high school and I went to Olvera Street on Friday, July 27. We both had the day off and I suggest we go to a shop called Corazon de Los Angeles that was showing inspired Frida Kahlo art from talented artists' at Olvera Street in Los Angeles. I was thrilled when Pam agreed to go. Pam had never been to Olvera Street and I hadn’t been there since I was a kid. She thought we wouldn’t be there for too long, just see some artwork then go home. She had no idea what she was getting herself into. Pam ended up enjoying herself as I took her into a little piece of Mexican hidden in LA.

The festive colors, the delicious smell of Mexican food, and the beautiful music coming from the Mariachi band where Pam and I ate just made me feel like I was in Mexico. I’ll share pictures of where we ate in another post. There is so much to see in there. We walked up and down Olvera Street twice and I still didn’t feel like I looked at everything, though we walked into every shop. Pam and I are thinking about going again in November for Day of the Dead, my favorite holiday. Thinking about going in November gives me chills.

I can’t stop talking about how much fun I had that I’ve convinced friends who have never been there and those who have to go. I suggest if you go to Olvera Street you go early in the morning. They're open from 10 am to 7 pm. Pam and I got there at 10:30 am and by 3:30 pm it become crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...