August 21, 2016

Sunday Stocking Special: DIY Non-traditional Stockings


Welcome to another serving of Sunday Stocking Special. Last Sunday, I shared some great no sew and traditional (sew) do it yourself tutorials. Today, I’m going to spice things up and share five fun non-traditional stocking tutorials.

Alright, let's get cooking!



These fruity stockings make me think of the saying, "Christmas in July". The pineapple stocking would be perfect for the fashionista in your life. Pineapples were very trendy in fashion this summer. 

The grinch that hates Christmas and misses the summer, this is the stocking for them!
DIY Fruity Christmas Stockings With Free Pattern by My Poppe



What little girl wouldn’t love one of these cute Frozen inspired stockings.






This cactus, yes I said cactus, tutorial is brought to you by the same maker of the fruity stockings. This stocking would be hilarious for any garden lover! 

Cintia, the author of this tutorial, almost makes me want to ditch the traditional Christmas decor and spice things up with her festive Christmas summer decorations. But I don’t think my husband would go for it. 
DIY Cactus Christmas Stocking With Free Pattern by My Poppet 


You know we all have that favorite old shirt that doesn’t fit anymore and we’re not sure what to do with it. Well, here’s a solution and there’s no sewing involved. For those doing the Bee Creative Stocking Swap, you can always hit the local thrift store for gently used band shirts or printed tees. 
T-Shirt Christmas Stocking by Crafty Chica



Of course I wouldn't forget to included a stocking tutorial for man’s best friend. Woof! Woof! 
Paw-some Stocking by Hallmark 

I hope you guys enjoyed these fun and some fruity stocking tutorials. Some are really outside the box when it comes to non-traditional stockings. 

If you’re a visual learner like myself and do better with detailed tutorials with lots of pictures, head over to The Morose Bee. Emily has the perfect dish, I mean stocking tutorial, to satisfy your creative itch. Don’t forget to sign up for Bee Creative Stocking Swap HERE, before it's gone!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...