March 29, 2011
I had gotten a sock monkey from my secret Santa at work last Christmas and I had said that whomever got me a sock monkey I would name the monkey after them. I’ve always a wanted sock money. Becca got me the sock monkey and I’ve wanted to embroider her name on a felt heart for the monkey since I got it. Well, yesterday I finally got it done! However, I started losing space when embroidering the name on the heart and had to make the last letters smaller, but I think I was able to balance it out with the little green dots on the side of the heart. What to you think? Now, the sock monkey is officially named Becca.
The other project I finished was to cover a crack I made on a frame. I purchased this adorable Valentine’s Day frame at Target to put a picture of my husband, Belle, and I from the day that Belle graduated from puppy training class. I cracked the corner of the frame as I was removing it off my entertainment system to dust. I was very upset with myself and moved the frame onto my fireplace. It wasn’t that noticeable, but I knew it was there and it bothered me. So, I embroidered Belle’s name and a little pink bone onto a felt heart. I used blue thread for Belle’s name to match the color of the frame. I’m very happy with the cover-up! LOL! And, the embroidered heart goes well with the ones printed on the frame.
I can’t believe I got two small projects done yesterday. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get more done this week!