May 15, 2011

Incorporating a gift into an illustrated package


I made this birthday card for my little sister for her birthday. She is having a baby but since we didn’t know what she was having I made her a yellow bow brooch instead of a blue or pink. We now know she’s having a boy! I drew and colored a present and the words, “Happy Birthday” on a white card stock. Then I insert the bow brooch onto the top of the gift drawn and held it with a piece of tape on the back.

I really like how I included my sister’s gift onto the card’s illustration. Maybe I’ll make a few cards for my Que Bownita Etsy shop and include the bows onto the cards’ designs.

I’m a big fan of packaging that incorporates the item into an illustration. Here are a few that I found:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...