November 9, 2012

Stitch & Send


Wild Olive by Mollie is a blog I really enjoy reading. By reading her blog you can tell Mollie is a sweet and caring person and a stitching diva. In February, I participate in a Stitch Swap she was having on her blog. In October, Mollie posted about another stitch swap with a twist. Mollie called it a Stitch & Send. This time I would be making an embroidered patch and in return I would receive the wonderful feeling of making something for someone who is less fortunate.


I send my patch last week to Richmond, Virginia. I embroidered a little blue cloud raining on three smiling shaped flowers (flowers inspired by Mollie’s sketch). The flowers’ roots spell out Made With Love. The outer flowers, which are smaller than the taller one in the middle, are extending their pedals up towards the cloud.

Abbie, from Abbie Living, will sew the patches onto totes bags. The tote bags will be filled with donated toiletries and other living essentials for seniors, homeless, and families in need of Richmond, Virginia for Thanksgiving. The organization that puts this together is called The Giving Heart and I’m glad to be a part of it, even if just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...