December 7, 2012

Twelve Days of Creative Christmas: Day 1


I believe the best gifts are those that cannot be bought, like family pictures, heart felt letters, home cooked goodies, heirlooms, and my favorite handcraft gifts. This holiday my goal is to make at least twelve homemade gifts to give to my family and friends.


My first homemade gift is an ornament of a princess with flowy long hair. She lives in a tower where her favorite flowers, sunflowers, grow around it. This “Princess in Tower” ornament was made for Tristin, one of my Ornament Swap partners and she is also one of my employees. Her favorite flowers are sunflowers and she has beautiful long hair.

The idea to make this ornament came from Pinterest. Click here to see my inspiration. I can’t take all the credit for myself.

I used felt to make the ornament and I hand embroidered the sunflowers. This ornament took lots of time and patience. My firefighter asked me if it was a toy. It does look like something a child would use to play dolls with. He also told me to stop looking at it constantly, that it wasn’t going to change. I kept looking at it because I was very happy how it turned out. Sometimes I tell myself, “I can’t believe I made that. It looks so good.”

All of my handcrafted gifts have my initials on them and the year they were made. That way people will never forget who made it for them and when it was made. I will give Tristin her ornament today at our work’s Christmas party. I know she’ll love it!

If you're interested in a custom “Princess in Tower” ornament, please contact me for pricing. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...