December 13, 2012

Twelve Days of Creative Christmas: Day 2

 

My second homemade gift goes to Diane, my other Ornament Swap partner. Diane loves nature and all sorts of trees. After sketching ideas on sticky notes and napkins, and googling nature themed ornaments I came up with the idea of making a little tree stump dressed up as a Christmas tree. Hence, “Christmas Tree in Training” embroidered around the stump’s skirt. For its shining star, I put a plastic tea light sticking out of the stump’s head. I added scrapbooking Christmas light on it and also embroidered a smiling face on the stump. Isn’t he the cutest thing ever? He was chilling on my Christmas tree for a few days before I shipped him out to Diane’s. I miss him so that I’m going to have to make one for myself.


This is what Diane said when she received her “Christmas Tree in Training” ornament, “I got it today! Thank you! It was the end of a very long week, so it was a great surprise! Thanks for the Christmas tissue too! The ornament is just darling and on my tree now! Love it! Merry Christmas!”

I’m glad her “Christmas Tree in Training” ornament lit up her day and her Christmas tree a little more.

Oh, and Hallmark if by chance you happen to fall upon my blog and like what you see, hire me! I would love to create an ornament for you!

To see more ornaments from the Ornament Swap check out Emily and my facebook page, officially called Bee Creative Swaps!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...