I would love to share with you how The Bookies book club works and maybe you'll like to start one of your own. If you're a bookworm like me, keep an eye out! I will be having monthly book giveaways donated by The Bookies.
This is how the book club works. We read the book chosen for the month, we meet on the last Sunday of that month at 7 p.m. at the person's house that choose the book for that particular month, and we discuss the book after dinner. However, we have gotten a bit more creative since we first began our book club. We now make invitations based on the theme of our books, we have themed dinners, we sometimes have contests, and at the end of every meeting we take a group picture with the book we read. On our birthday we get a $10 gift card from Barnes & Nobles, which everyone pitched in for.
This picture is from our monster mask contest for October's book club.
Book Club Rules
- Respect each other and each others opinions. Do not verbally attack anyone or tell them that their opinion is stupid! We are all different.
- You MUST read the chosen book of the month
- Discussion meetings will be two hours long, and we will meet on the same day each month.
- It is the discussion leaders' responsibility to remind everyone of the upcoming meeting and what to bring.
- No kids allowed! This is a time for us to get away, relax and enjoy ourselves.
- LET'S HAVE LOADS OF FUN!!
D.E.A.R (Drop Everything and Read)