May 6, 2016

Friday Frida Favs: My Frida Wish List on Etsy

Sign ups for Viva La Frida Craft Swaps has been open for a few days and I know our participants are probably searching for Frida Kahlo inspiration, D.I.Y.s, and goods. To help them out, Emily, from The Morose Bee, and I have decided to dedicate our blogs to Frida on Fridays with Friday Frida Favs.

We have given our swap participants the option to also purchase Frida inspired items as well as making Frida crafts because we know sometimes life happens and plans to make things fall through. We are encouraging our swappers to support independent local businesses as they shop for Frida items. One of the biggest on-line shops to find lots of Frida crafted goods and support artists is Etsy.

Here are my top 10 favorite Frida Kahlo items on Etsy, under $30.
Pin that on me! Please! 

Not only does this seller make kids headbands but adults too. Lily and I could totally be twinsies. You can find headbands with a half watermelon print on them too.


I must have this Frida Kahlo portrait night light in my kitchen! I must!
Neonlithics also has other Mexican themed night lights, like a Catrina, passion heart, Our Lady of Guadalupe to name a few.

I am a proud owner of a Frida and Diego shirt from this seller, which I got at Olvera Street a few years ago. You can follow him on Instagram. He also has great gifts for those who support him through Kickstarter. 

I wish I knew how to crochet. Then I would make two crochet Fridas!


I love this cross stitch pattern, simple yet beautiful.  This is something I could totally get away with hanging in my bedroom that my husband would be okay with because of the neutral color scheme.
VIVA LA FRIDA printed cross stitch pattern from TheSnowflowerDiaries; Cost: $10.62


This is one of those cards that is too beautiful not to be framed and displayed. This seller also makes beautiful Day of the Dead themed cards. To die for!!!
VIVA LA VIDA Frida Kahlo/Mexican Style Handmade Card by CorazonesdePapel; Cost: $5.00


Spice up any boring name tag with this name badge holder. A guaranteed conversation starter for sure! I wish I would have had this when I was an assistant manager at the theater. The seller makes these to order and you can even choose the color flowers you want.
Frida Kahlo badge reel by TerraMaya; Cost: $10


Can you tell I really want a Frida doll? This seller also has D.I.Y. Frida banner,
ornaments, and tissue holder!
Frida Kahlo Doll D.I.Y kit from milkodesign; Cost: $21.05


On our Viva La Frida Craft Swap questionnaire we asked participates what their favorite Frida Kahlo quote is. Of course, I had to include this Frida Kahlo inspired quote, watercolor painting, print. I absolutely love the flowers painted on the legs and the red painted toe nails.
A4 Print Frida Wings by esenciacustome; Cost: $9.44

These Frida Kahlo inspired items above are a few of hundreds that can be found on Etsy. Love these items? I have more in an Etsy folder here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...