October 3, 2017

DIY Bobs Burgers’ Linda Belcher Footprint Art

Alriiight! First, I would like to wish my dear friend and partner in crime in co-hosting Bee Creative Swaps, a very Happy Happy early Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful birthday on your actual birthday, Emily!

I decided not to participate in the Animation Celebration Swap that Emily and I are currently hosting. I wasn’t sure if I would have the time or energy to make goodies with my due date being in October. I did, however, still wanted to make Emily something special for her birthday based on her favorite animated show - Bobs Burgers.



This is the Bobs Burgers inspired birthday gift, Lil and I sent Emily. Condiments and fake burger not included. 



Emily had included this Bobs Burgers’ cross stitch in her swap mosaic and I knew right away that I wanted to make it for her. I contacted the maker of the cross stitch pattern, StephXStitch, and I emailed her since she no longer sold the pattern on Etsy. Luckily, she was nice enough to sell the pattern to me. Thank you Steph! It was a very easy pattern to follow and I’m happy with the outcome. 





















I’m not a big fan of unfinished wooden hoops, so I painted the hoop lime green. The lime green worked out perfectly because it’s one of Emily’s favorite colors and it’s the color of the Bobs Burgers building.

The hamburger socks, I found at Joann’s. They were the perfect little extra to go along with this themed gift. 


Okay, now to the fun part…Lil’s Linda Belcher’s Footprint Art.


Supplies: 
A foot (lol),
Yellow cardstock,
White, Red, Orange, Black, Green, Yellow, Brown, and Pink Paint,
Paint Brushes,
Water,
Pencil (not pictured). 
Paper towel and wipes for clean up
Sharpie Markers


Step 1: Do this part on the floor. It makes it easier to get a better print of your child’s foot. Paint the heel and a little past the middle of the foot white (Linda’s face), the rest of the midfoot red (Linda’s shirt), and toes orange (burgers).



Step 2: Let the footprint completely dry. Lil wanted to make another print with her other foot. That’s why we have two footprints pictured.  




Step 3: Lightly sketch Linda with a pencil. I pinned a lot of images of Linda on Pinterest to make sure I drew her correctly. Don’t forget to draw her signature red eyeglasses and one of her sayings, like "ALRIIIIGHT!" You can always change the toes into wine glasses instead of burgers. Perfect for someone who needs, I mean, likes wine. 





Step 4: Paint Linda. I used thin paintbrushes for the majority of this part, especially for the inside of the burgers. You can always use markers instead of painting her.


The Linda Belcher footprint is my favorite part of Emily’s gift for three reasons. First, it’s my original idea. I didn’t see it on Pinterest or copy it from someone else. Though, I bet these past three years of making footprint and handprint art with Lil was helpful in coming up with the concept. Second, the idea was all based on making a Linda print from Lil’s footprint, so I’m glad she was a part of this project. Now, Lil wants me to finish the other footprint for us to keep at home. I think I’ll add the quote, “Raising you kids is a two parent, two bottles of wine a night kind of job” quote instead. Perfect for this soon to be mother of two. Lastly, Linda Belcher is Emily’s favorite Bobs Burgers character. 



Emily received her early birthday package yesterday and she loved it. She especially loved the Linda footprint Lil made with the burger toes. 


I hope you enjoyed this Bobs Burgers themed post. Now, I’m hungry and want a burger. In and Out sounds good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...