June 5, 2011

OPEN poetry: Supporting Poets


Yesterday, I went to Long Beach, CA to the “THE DIRTY DOZEN POETRY SHOW” to listen to some awesome poetry. One of the poets performing was my friend Amy and I had to be there to support her since it was her first time reading her poetry to an audience. The show was in a little bookstore named OPEN, which quickly filled with supporters.


On our way to the OPEN bookstore, I spotted a Mexican cuisine restaurant called, “Lola’s” with the best logo I have every seen! It was of a Day of the Dead sugar skull logo. I love anything Day of the Dead! Lola’s was on the same street as OPEN bookstore. While waiting for the show to begin I had some free appetizers. I had my first bacon cupcakes! I had three. I couldn’t help it they were delicious! Bacon cupcakes have become my favorite.

I was so proud of Amy! Everyone loved her “80’s Getaway” poem and she also won most improved poet. Going to watch Amy and her new poet friends was fun. It was a nice break after a long day at work. Plus, it’s always nice to break away from my same old boring day-to-day schedule.

Michael, Me, Amanda, and Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...