August 24, 2011

Riding the Banana Boat


My hubby, brother-in-law, my brother-in-law’s girl friend, and I went up to Big Bear on Sunday, August 21. We went kayaking, hence the title, “Riding the Banana Boat;” plus our boat was yellow. My hubby and I have never been kayaking before and it so much fun! I was scared at first since I don’t know how to swim and I was afraid of the kayak flipping over. We all had our life vests on and my hubby double-checked that my vest was tight and well secured on me. Just in case we did flip over my brother-in-law’s girl friend is a great swimmer, which gave me some peace of mind.

We had so much fun kayaking that my fear of flipping over had disappeared. Being my first time kayaking, I had no sense of direction. My hubby kept telling me “you want to turn right, you paddle left” “you want to turn left, you paddle right.” He had to take over a few times because I didn’t know what I was doing. While kayaking the big dork in me kept saying, “I’m riding a banana boat!” As we walked out of the rental shop after returning our kayak and getting our $50 deposit back, I jumped up and down and yelled, “That was so cool!” I enjoy sharing new experiences with my hubby. We plan to buy a kayak now.

After kayaking we went hiking. It was quiet as we hiked. Hubby and I love nice, quiet, and peaceful walks among nature. Hubby took the picture shown above. Hubby and I can’t believe we never visited Big Bear before especially since it is only an hour away from home. You better believe we will be visiting Big Bear more often. Like always, I got a pin souvenir to remember our adventure for my shadow box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...