August 8, 2011

Vacation Series: Downtown Brentwood and Me


The day after my arrival to San Francisco my friend dropped me off at Downtown Brentwood as she headed to work. I really enjoyed this time with myself, 8 hours, as I had no obligations to rush home like I usually do when shopping and to worry about not having enough time to do what I wanted.


My first stop was Savers thrift store, which was the only place opened at 8 in the morning other than the coffee shops. I’ve never enjoyed thrift store shopping like I did that day. I was in there for at least 4 hours, trying on vintage clothing, looking at shoes, fabric, everything! I was in thrift store heaven! I sent a good $60 and probably would have send more if I weren’t thinking about how it was all going to fit in my luggage. I felt kind of guilt spending that much but soon realized that the heck with it, it’s my vacation and I deserve to enjoy myself.


For breakfast/lunch since I didn’t have breakfast I had pupusas at Amelia’s Mexican Restaurant, which my friend recommended for having good pupusas. Other than pig skin tostadas (tostadas de cueritos in Spanish) pupusas are my second favorite Mexican food dish. The beans and rice weren’t great but the pupusas were!

With a content belly, I got a pedicure and manicure at Donna’s Salon. I hadn’t had a pedicure in over a year and never had a manicure. That was another nice, relaxing and enjoyable experience.


I also went to Century Theater, a sister theater of the one at home, and watched a “Captain America” for free! I ended up watching 3 movies on my vacation, which is more than I watch at home and I work at a movie theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...