September 28, 2012

DIY Leaf Garland


Welcome Fall into your home by decorating it with a leaf garland.


Supplies: Sewing machine, fake leafs ($1.00 per bag at Target), and brown thread.


Leaf 1: Arrangement your leaves to see in what order you will be sewing them. I laid my leaves on the trim of my towel, that I use to protect my table when I sew.

Leaf 2: With a pencil, marked each leaf to see where you will be sewing it. I marked my leaves in different levels, some on top, in the middle, and others sideways.

Leaf 3: Before you begin to sew your leaves, made sure to leave extra thread for hanging. You will need to leave extra thread at the end of your garland too.

Leaf 4: Sew your leaves. Overlap and leave gaps between your leaves, to give it a natural look.


Leaf 5: Hang your leaves as you wish and where you wish. You’ll love the way your leaf garland moves when the fan is on.

Don't forget to sign up for the Jack Oh! Lantern necklace giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! My son and I picked up pretty leaves off the ground the other day, but of course they are all dried out and crinkly now -- fake leaves would be perfect! I would love to do a project just like this one and hang it up somewhere around the house!

    Jenn - http://pinkdiary.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...