(Click on my surprised face to learn how to do this fun rollover)
I don’t know what to say! I’m honored to have been nominated by Amy, from Pictures and Pillow blog, to take part in the Liebster Award. I’ll like to thank…
What is the Liebster award you ask? The Liebster Award is a way for people to discover new bloggers who don’t have a big following, less than 200 followers; however, are still as awesome as other blogs.
The individual nominated/tagged writes 11 things about themselves and then answers 11 questions from the blogger who nominated them. To keep the cycle going, the nominated blogger chooses other bloggers, with less than 200 followers, that they recommend and writes 11 of their own questions for them to answer. It’s all about getting to know the individuals’ behind blogs.
Eleven things about me:
1. I work at a movie theatre but I rather watch movies at home, even though I get to watch movies for free.
2. I’m in a book club.
3. My best physical attribute is my smile. It causes a chain reaction for others to smile.
4. I enjoy doing craft swaps because I meet other artists around the world.
5. Hippos are my favorite animal.
6. My favorite holiday is The Day of the Dead, though I love Halloween too.
7. I can’t wait to be a mother.
8. I want to write a book some day.
9. Currently, addicted to cross-stitching and embroidery.
10. I have a degree in graphic design and marketing.
11. I dance when no one is watching; usually when I’m getting ready for work and a song I love is on.
Answers to Pillows and Pictures:
1. What drove you to start your blog?
I first started reading blogs, like Oh My Deer!, and I enjoy their crafts ideas, accomplishments, their journey through life, etc. They were individuals willing to share their lives with the world. I felt connected to these people, having things in common. I wanted to be a part of it. Hence, I started a blog. It’s become more of a dairy of things I love to do and my reader’s hold the key. Plus, I’ve met wonderful people from around the world I probably would have never met.
2. What is your favorite TV show?
I don’t watch TV much but when I do, I like watching forensic and criminal shows like Bones, Deadly Women, and 30/30. In a previous life, I think I helped solve crimes.
3. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I really don’t have one; however, when Denzel Washington is in a movie I know it’s going to be a good one.
4. Mornings or evenings?
Depends. Mornings for natural light for taking picture. Evenings for doing crafts way into the night when I don’t have to work the next day. Mornings, if I really need to choose.
5. What is your favorite type/style of jewelery?
I like unique pieces. I made myself a necklace out of a vintage tie recently. I mostly wear brooches. I collect vintage flower brooches.
6.What is your favorite craft?
I love everything! I’m constantly trying to learn a new craft. I like using different mediums in my artwork. I overwhelm my brain with so much I want to do, create, and learn with not enough time to do it all. I have a silkscreen kit, paper making kit, and photo light kit that has been sitting for years and I currently purchased a wood burning it. I make jewelry, I do printmaking, and I self-taught myself to sew, cross-stitch, and crochet. I could go on and I still want to know how to do more.
7. If you could only eat the food from one country for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Wow, that’s a hard one. The country of Buffet. Get it?
8: What is your fondest memory from when you were a child?
I was actually thinking of one yesterday. My uncle Andrew and I were watching Disney’s Cinderella and we were coloring a drawing he had drawn for me of Jaq and Gus, Cinderella’s mouse friends. He died when I was a kid. How I wish we had shared more wonderful memories together. I miss him so much.
9. Cats or dogs?
Dogs! I’ve always been more of a dog person than a cat person.
10. Do you have any pets?
I have an Austrian Shepard and Collie mix dog, named Belle. She has one blue eye and one brown eye. Then, there’s Sushi, our gold fish. Who will probably live forever! We have had her for almost over three years; the longest living fish I’ve ever had.
11. What would your dream job be?
My dream job is to own a craft shop. Sell craft supplies, offer art classes for kids, and have an after school art center in my craft shop. Share my love for being creative to others!
My questions for them:
1. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
2. What regular themed post do you have on your blog?
3. What post is currently your most popular?
4. What’s your favorite animal?
5. What is your artistic talent?
6. What goals are you working on?
7. What’s your favorite thing to do on your days of off work?
8. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
9. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
10. Who’s your favorite artist?
11. What book are you reading, if any?
Don't forget to sign up for the Jack Oh! Lantern necklace giveaway!