September 3, 2012

My First Craft Show


Yuppie! I finally got to participate in my first craft show on Friday, August 17th. My friend, Amanda, and her mom were nice enough to invite me to share a table with them at their church’s, High Desert Church, Women’s event called, “Out of the Dust.” It was an African themed event, with a craft show, African food, photo props, African music and performances, and Jennie Allen - the guest speaker. Though the event was African themed, our items for the craft show didn’t have to be. The majority of mine were. I’m gradually updating my Etsy shop with extra items from the craft show. Click here to check them out!

This was our first craft show and between all three of us we created lots of goodies to sell, but too many to display on one table, which we realized while making a test display a few days before the show. Luckily, the church was able to provide us with an extra table the day of.

Good thing Amanda and I got to the church early the day of the event to prepare our tables in the church’s gym because I few hours later it started pouring rain. We didn’t have to bring our things in the poring rain, but we did have to run around town looking for a tablecloth for the extra table provided. I was wearing paige shorts that day.

 

There were many people at the event, many people loved my items, but not accepting credit cards comes as a disadvantage. All in all, I had a wonderful experience. I enjoyed every minute of the craft show and all the great African events High Desert Church provided. I can’t wait to do it again!

Many thanks to Debbie who made me the monkey name tag and small banner, which matches my blog banner above, for the craft show.  Debbie takes custom order too. Check out her Etsy shop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...